Wednesday 11 December 2013

Home Learning #13

Debate Club
  • Debates next Friday
  • Essay due in the same day
    • Make sure you are handing in an 'essay', not just some notes scrawled on some paper. If you have any problems with it, tell me now - not on the day you need to hand it in. The worst excuses recently:
      • "I didn't have any paper" - ANSWER: You are welcome to use as much from school as you need
      • "I didn't have the internet" - ANSWER: I have told you in class what you are doing; you can ask me at any point if you have forgotten; you don't need the internet to research these debates - just ask people.
      • "I was too busy" - ANSWER: No you weren't. Even if you are doing something every day after school and at weekends, you can always find at least one hour per week to do some home learning. You are going to high school next year and, although you might not believe me yet, you will be receiving about 4 times more homework than you currently get. Start getting into the habit of making time now!
      • "I forgot" - ANSWER: Man up! Welcome to the list of shame!
Maths
  • Show three people the Big Maths sheets
    • Brag about your performance
  • Challenge someone in your family to complete some of the questions
    • Laugh at them as they struggle then show them how to work it out.
Literacy
  • I'm not going to be testing spellings on the last Friday before Christmas. Even I'm not that mean!
Extras

Anti Home Learning
  • This is definitely anti home learning; DO NOT try this at home - but it is really cool

No comments:

Post a Comment